Registration For The Box Season Opens January 18th
Registration for the 2017 season is now open. Registration and payment by credit card only will be done using the online system for all age groups.
Those families who must pay by cheque or KidSport Fund can E-MAIL THE REGISTRAR. There will be a paper registration form to be done in these instances only.
Before you register, please note:
- Registration is not complete until the registration form AND payment are received.
- Returning players take priority over new players until midnight, February 8, 2017. It is recommended to register early for both new and returning players.
- If you are registering more than one child in your family, please remember to click on "Register Another Player," and complete that information, before clicking "Process Registration" so that both children are registered together & you are sure to get your sibling discount. Siblings must be registered together to receive the discount.
- Please print your receipt when you have successfully completed your payment, this will be your tax receipt.
- Tryouts occur for boys PeeWee, Bantam and Midget boys' divisions. Players MUST be registered in order to participate at any team try-out. Try-out details will be posted on the website.
- We will waitlist players, if necessary, depending on registration numbers. You will be contacted by the registrar if you are put on the waitlist.
- New players must send in copy of birth certificate and proof of residence (hydro or utility bill) either by mail or scan and e-mail to the Registrar.
- Volunteer cheques in the amount of $125.00 post-dated to June 30, 2017 will be collected by the team managers at the start of the season (one per family, oldest sibling team collects if more than one child). These will be shredded if you fulfill adequate volunteer duties. Additional team fees may be collected as determined by individual teams.
- Teams will also collect jersey deposits ($75 per jersey) and an equipment deposit (for goalies only) that will not be cashed as long as jerseys and equipment are turned back in at the end of the season and are free from unreasonable damage.
- We will not have information on coaches or schedules (games or practices) until mid-March.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the SMLA Registrar .
2017 Registration Fees
The division in which your child will play is determined by the year in which he/she was born. Please refer to the following chart for divisions and 2017 registration fees.
|Year of Birth||Age||Division||Regular Fee||Late Fee*|
- Late fees take effect on February 13, 2017 at 11:59pm, only applied to age levels where tryouts take place.
- Oldest player pays full fee and each sibling pays discounted (25% off) fee.
- Registration price includes a pair of SMLA shorts and socks.
SMLA Refund Policy
All refunds are subject to a $25.00 processing fee.
NEW PLAYERS will receive a full refund less the $25 processing fee until two (2) days prior to first game (exhibition or league).
RETURNING PLAYERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING REFUND GUIDELINES;
- Players who withdraw prior to March 16th will receive a full refund less the $25 processing fee.
- Players who cancel between March 16th and April 15th will receive a 50% refund less the $25 processing fee.
- Players who withdraw after April 15th will not receive a refund.
The KidSportTM Fund
The KidSportTM Fund is a program of Sport BC designed to "remove the financial obstacles that prevent underprivileged children from playing sport in British Columbia". Each child aged 6 - 18 who applies is eligible for up to $200 for one season of sport. The grant is provided directly to the club or sport organization. For information on this program, click here.